I came to the UAE in May 2005 and started blogging in December 2006. I was alone because my family hadn't joined me yet here in Al Ain. If my memory serves me right, homesickness was the main reason why I started a personal blog to record my thoughts on living and working here in the sandpit. It was one fine day--my day off, when I was browsing the net that I stumbled upon a photoblog. Since then, I started browsing and looking at different photoblogs, from one photography site to another, and so on. It was impossible not to be impressed by the remarkable range of beautiful photoblogs in the net and at the same time I discovered my love of watching the sky and taking pictures of Al Ain's many roundabouts. It tickled my interest in photography and finally in November 7, 2009, I started this photoblog to share my photos.
To date, it has been 2 years that I am trying my very best to maintain this photoblog. I know, no one asked me to do so but I feel that without Al Ain City Daily Photo, my life is not complete. There were times that work got in a way---graveyard shifts, 3 or 4 successive nights or I run out of photos to share, and most of the time, I find myself lost for words to write or to describe the places that I've been to. There were times that I wanted to delete this space but because of you--my blogger friends, readers and followers, I opted to keep this photoblog. Having said that, I want to thank:
- the people who inspires me--my family, friends, colleagues, readers and followers
- My host country and city
- Oasis Living Magazine and Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (Seyaha) for featuring my photoblog.
- Al Ain Mall for sponsoring my first photo exhibition
- Gulfnews for publishing my photo as Picture of the day (sometime in March 2011)
- Most of all, I thank GOD for the all the blessings bestowed upon me